This pocket guide is a wonderful resource for both new parents and experienced parents of children of all ages. It's convenient pocket size allows you to easily take this guide to doctor's appointments and other health visits as well as share with other family members and friends. With 161 pages of tips and resources to help you raise healthy children, the pocket guide's low cost makes it a bargain: $5.00 each, including shipping. For eleven copies and above, bulk order prices are available ($2.50 each plus shipping).
ORDER NOW from the Family Voices website.
“The Pocket Guide condenses important information, making it easy for families to use as a reference. They can take the Guide with them to their children’s primary care and dental home meetings so they can ask questions of their providers and bring up concerns with confidence. In each section, the box titled “What’s Important for This Visit” gives a great checklist that families can use to talk to their health professionals.”
Mother of two, including a 6-year old son with autism
Vice-president of the New Mexico Autism Society
Developed for families by families, in partnership with the AAP and other professionals, this convenient, attractive resource is based on the AAP’s Bright Futures: Guidelines for the Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents (3rd ed.). The 168-page guide will provide families with:
- Information and encouragement for the roles families play every day in the health and well-being of their children
- Information about the importance of well child visits for all children, including children and youth with special health care needs
- Encouragement to speak up and to take active roles in their children’s care
- Encouragement to form partnerships with other families and with professionals to improve policies, care, services, and support for all children and families
- An overall framework for children’s good health and insight into all those who contribute to it
- Current, comprehensive, succinct information about child development
- Links to resources and further sources of information for children’s good health
For ordering (including bulk orders) go to: Family Voices website. For more information, contact us at: BFPocketGuide@familyvoices.org. Look for the newly revised Spanish version, Bright Futures Guía para las Familias, 2nd Edition, coming fall 2013!
"The Bright Futures for Families Pocket Guide puts highly relevant health promotion material in an easy to use, accessible format. The guide facilitates communication between families and providers and strengthens parent-provider relationships."
Judith S Palfrey, MD
Mother of three children and Co-author, Bright Futures Editions 1 and 2
Former President, American Academy of Pediatrics
Former Executive Director of Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" Initiative
"In this one handy, easy-to-read guide, multiple resources and pearls of wisdom are provided to help parents navigate the complex health care system. Raising children takes a lot of love and care, and the more information parents and families have, the better. I would encourage parents to take the time to review this information."
Eugene Sun, MD, MBA
Father of four children and Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of New Mexico